Khadi and Village Industries Commission under Ministry Of MSME
SFURTI is a Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries. Ministry of MSME has launched this scheme in the year 2005 with the view to promote Cluster development. KVIC is the nodal Agency for promotion of Cluster development for Khadi as well as for V.I. products. As on date, a no. of 76 Clusters have come up as per the scheme and many of these clusters have been completed. The Revamped SFURTI Cluster will intensify the sustainability of the programme beyond the project period through creation of Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) or deemed SPV. Further, the revamped guideline has added many new features for all round development of SFURTI clusters
- To organize the traditional industries and artisans into clusters to make them, competitive and provide support for their long term sustainability
- To provide sustained employment for traditional Industry artisans and rural entrepreneurs;
- To enhance marketability of products of such clusters by providing support for new products, design intervention and improved packaging and also the improvement of marketing Infrastructure;
- To equip traditional artisans of the associated clusters with the improved skills and capabilities through training and exposure visits;
- To make provision for common facilities and improved tools and equipments for artisans;
- To strengthen the cluster governance systems with the active participation of the stakeholders, so that they are able to gauge the emerging challenges and opportunities and respond to them in a coherent manner;
- To build up innovative and traditional skills, improved technologies, advanced processes, market intelligence and new models of public-private partnerships, so as to gradually replicate similar models of cluster- based regenerated traditional Industries.
- Non-Government organizations (NGOs)
- Institutions of the Central and State Governments
- Semi-Government institutions
- Field functionaries of State and Central Govt.
- Panchayati Raj institutions (PRIs)
The above eligible agency/organization has to submit the proposal to the State Office, KVIC and the same is to be scrutinized at State Level and Zonal Level before submitting to Scheme Steering Committee for approval.